Marathon Gold Corporation ("Marathon Gold Corporation", "we" or "us") is firmly committed to privacy. On-line privacy concerns focus primarily on the protection of “personally identifiable” information ("PII") which an individual or other customer reasonably expects to be kept private. As the term suggests, PII is information that, when associated with an individual, identifies that individual, for example, a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or credit card number.
Information Collection and Use
- End Users (i.e. you and any and all other users of the Marathon Gold Website) who subscribe to our News Service will be required to provide a valid email address.
- With the exception of subscribers' email addresses, Marathon Gold Corporation does not collect PII from End Users.
- Marathon Gold Corporation and/or its business partners may automatically receive and record non-PII (i.e. information that does not identify you personally) on the Marathon Gold Website server logs from the End User's browser, including End User IP addresses and the page requested. (End User IP addresses may be recorded for security and monitoring purposes.)
- Marathon Gold Corporation does not regularly use “cookies” to track use the Marathon Gold Website. Whenever we enable “cookies” to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you.
- Marathon Gold Corporation is considered the data controller of such information.
- Marathon Gold Corporation may use the information it collects for the following general purposes:
- to protect an End User and/or Marathon Gold Corporation from error, fraud and unauthorized access and use,
- to improve the Marathon Gold Website, and/or
- to conduct research,
- to keep End Users updated in regard to news and other developments concerning Marathon Gold Corporation.
Information Sharing and Disclosure by Marathon Gold Corporation
- Marathon Gold Corporation will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise disclose to third parties any of your PII obtained via the Marathon Gold Website except when:
- we have your consent to share your PII;
- we need to share the information with companies who work on behalf of Marathon Gold Corporation to provide a product or service to you (such as the News Service) (Please know that whenever we share your PII withMarathon Gold Corporation's trusted business partners, they work under confidentiality agreements. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the PII we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- we reasonably believe it is necessary to share PII:
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potentially illegal activity or activity that threatens the network,
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or
- for risk management purposes;
- we are required to disclose PII by reasons of a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the customer or others, or
- to establish or exercise Marathon Gold Corporation's legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- when you subscribe to the News Service, as your email address may be transmitted to the other countries for processing and storage by Marathon Gold Corporation and/or its affiliates and may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries.
Links & Third Party Applications
- We may provide, and the Marathon Gold Website may contain links to other websites. Although we strive to only link to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or practices employed by other sites.
- You have the right to unsubscribe to the News Service at any time.
- Each and every email sent to you in connection with the News Service provides the opportunity to unsubscribe subscribe and provides instructions as to how to do so.
Confidentiality and Security
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your PII and we use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard PII in Marathon Gold Corporation's possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
- We limit access to PII about you to employees who, as part of their job, we believe need to come into contact with that information to provide the update service to you.
- We have taken preventative measures to restrict access to sensitive data and to detect and prohibit certain connections and operations by unauthorized Users.
- Despite Marathon Gold Corporation's high standards, no claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstances or its resilience to future attacks.
- In the event that you believe that your personal safety is at risk or if you believe that you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the appropriate federal, provincial or local law enforcement agencies directly.
- Marathon Gold Corporation will inform you of any changes we make by sending a notice to the email address provided to Marathon Gold Corporation and/or by posting a prominent announcement on the Marathon Gold Website.
Additional Privacy Protections for Children Using the Internet
- Marathon Gold Corporation recognizes that children, including young teens, may not be able to make informed choices about PII requested on-line.
- Marathon Gold Corporation and the Marathon Gold Website do not target children or teenagers under eighteen years of age for collection of information on-line. Marathon Gold Corporation does not solicit or collect PII targeted at children and/or teenagers under eighteen years of age and does not allow anyone else to do so on the Marathon Gold Website.